18th KRAKOW MOUNTAIN FESTIVAL TO TAKE PLACE ONLINE – WE ARE ABOUT TO START KFG+
We are about to start a unique version of the Festival. Certainly, we will all miss the atmosphere that has accompanied meetings during the Krakow Mountain Festival (KFG) for 17 years. However, in recent months, we have grown used to the virtual world and started noticing advantages of the online formula. Apart from live content – that will be streamed on 12th – 13th December from a broadcasting studio in Krakow, the organisers have prepared this year lots of tasty attractions.
The new formula of KFG+ offers new opportunities – convenient access to films, presentations, interviews and clinics. Wherever you live, you may participate in the events planned for the weekend of 12th-13th December. Moreover, films participating in the Film Contests (Polish and International) will be available on the PlayKrakow.com platform for almost a month – from 5th till 31st December. Thanks to the Access Pass, we will receive a big dose of mountain experiences, which might be either more condensed or more spread over a period of time. The Access Passes for 18th Krakow Mountain Festival are already available here:
The weekend program with the live studio:
The trailer for this year’s edition of the Festival:
MOST IMPORTANT GUESTS AND FILMS OF FESTIVAL
On 12th and 13th December, the KFG stage will host several international guests:
- Steve Swenson,
- Barbara Zangerl and Jacopo Larcher,
- Alexander Megos,
- Edu Marin (main start of Valhalla),
- Roger Schaeli, Stephan Siegrist, Frank Kretschmann (characters and creator of LifeLines),
- Antoine Le Menestrel and Benoît Regord,
- Sonia Szczęsna, Adam Nawrot, Piotr Chmieliński and others (authors and characters of Godspeed, Los Polacos).
and Polish guests:
- Łukasz Dudek,
- Eliza Kubarska (Wall of shadows),
- Aleksandra Taistra (Gorropu),
- Andrzej Bargiel,
- Grzegorz Folta and Kacper Tekieli,
- Marcin Kotelnicki, Jakub Brzosko (Opętany– premiere).
Mountains are not only about performance but also about culture which is inspired by them. This year we will have an opportunity to meet exceptional artists:
- Bernadette McDonald (Winter 8000),
- Piotr Trybalski (Wszechmogący. Człowiek, który wymyślił Himalaje. Biografia Andrzeja Zawady),
- Beata Sabała-Zielińska (Pięć stawów. Dom bez adresu),
- Agnieszka Jurczyńska-Kłosok (Nazewnictwo Tatr Wysokich. Konceptualizacja przestrzeni górskiej).
Mountain and climbing workshops have always played a crucial part at KFG. And this year will be no exception. Clinics – on topics as varied as skitouring, mountaineering and sport climbing – will be delivered by experts in their respective disciplines.
From 5th to 31st December, you will have a chance to see almost 50 films taking part in the International Film Competition. As every year, we will chose winners in different film categories. With your help we will also decide which film deserves this year the Audience Award.
List of films available here:
The combined length of films participating in the Competitions is almost 20 hours. Additionally, there will be also interviews, clinics and presentations. Are you going to opt for a nice weekend full of mountain emotions or perhaps you will be more tempted by a monthlong access to mountain films? Whichever option you chose, KFG+ will live up to your expectations and the Festival will continue its many years’ tradition: December should be a month dedicated to people of the mountains.